Originally Posted by xXNightEagleXx
Not only it is a concept old as f**k, which has already been said, but also it has huge flaws which is why it is an old method and has been dropped by any serious real time gaming developer.

Oh yeah? For what?

I'm not convinced that it is actually the client firing the missile that does the calculation of the missile flight path, i think that is done on the server and each client only calculates its own phantom with periodic corrections from the server, but i could be wrong.

I understand that watching players or objects teleporting in the map is not a nice thing to see but people way smarter than me and whole ED itself (at least netcode wise) already came to conclusion A LONG TIME AGO that the benefits that comes with methods that lead to this behavior is way better.

Yeah right...except they didn't. All the real time MP games use a form of dead reckoning in between network syncs. Most of them just don't have to deal with objects moving at 500 knots. What you propose is nonsense.

There are many ways to deal with teleporting issues, one very effective way is to kick whoever is outside ping limit.

Which has to be enforced by the server admin, not ED. I'm sure that this is perfectly possible right now, if not out of the box then with the help of one of the server admin tools.

Last edited by Sobek; 07/03/18 08:43 AM.