Originally Posted by GrayGhost
If your point is that the algo should be updated, sure, otherwise, you don't have one smile

Nope, not that one. Try again.

Sorry, what??? I can't see how that connects with my statement. Why would I never perform a missile avoidance maneuver; read: go defensive?

Because when this desync happens the missile might not even look like it's coming at you at all.

I was talking about just slight differences in missile location as displayed by the sim (such as that in the gif), now you're talking about a massive discrepancy? And a discrepancy that occurs for most if not all of the missile's time of flight, and is not corrected? The aircraft just explodes?

It's old and broken. Maybe it would pass for when we had 56K modems and could blame it on that but in 2018? I would like to hear how you can say it's not broken?

The same way a 1970's car engine isn't broken, even though it isn't nearly as clean or efficient as a modern car engine. Just because you want to call things broken, doesn't mean they are. This thing is doing its job as intended with known caveats.

Well, this isn't a 1970's car engine now is it? How old is ED MP code, really? If there's a Vikhr in it, so that's BS released in 2008 at least. Are you telling me that the MP code has not been changed/updated/fixed in over 10+ years? Good God! But at least we have correct wing vapors and droplets rendered on the canopy, huh? Shows what is priority in a COMBAT simulator with an emphasis on MP.

How does this tie in with Sobek's claim that the netcode is advanced?

- Ice