I think having the buttons map to the Warthog properly is kinda important, but not all important. Case study, my Virpil has finally arrived and I have it plugged into an F-22 grip. By default, it turned out that the second stage of the trigger did not work because it was attached to the one unused pin on the third IC relative to a warthog. So I had to dismantle the header and re-route the wire to one of the two unused pins on my F-22. Now it works and everything is great there.

On the hat front, my POV hat has wound up mapped to the countermeasure hat, and the left and right presses are reversed. This is annnoying, and I had kinda wanted to avoid it, but I have realized that it is tolerable. As I have a TrackIR and an Oculus, I have no need for an 8 way pov hat. And at least the hat is mapped to another hat; if it were mapped to buttons, THAT would be intolerable (imagine pulling to the second stage of the trigger, and it interprets the two trigger presses as a diagonal on the pov...)

I'm wiring up a Combatstick grip next, and I'll make sure to do that accurate to the Warthog, but what I have with the F-22 is fine.

On other fronts, I've got one of those ubiquitous 12-button matrix keypads coming in the mail today. I'm going to plug that into the last pins on my X35T's arduino and map the buttons to F1-F12 so I can "ten" key the radio comms in DCS. Anybody know if there's a remapper program that supports more than 32 buttons? I've been using Universal Control Remapper, but it only sees 32, and this keypad is going to put me at 35 buttons on my throttle.

Attached Files JJS08103.jpg