I'm glad this conversation showed up. I was about to comein here an ask about this. I have a four year old Asus laptop. Republic of Gamers model. Nice. But I'd thought I'd give it a little kick in the butt with slightly upgraded video card. Not the integrated one, the the 2GB Nvidea card. The guys who I go to, told me he didn't think it could be done. He said, though, that he could get me a SSD harddrive to replace mine. He thought it was a better use of my money, anyway.
But I wondered if it would help with my gaming. It's really the only reason I want to do the upgrade. Not that it's running badly...just need a little ooomph, you know?
So maybe that and some more RAMM and I can use this thing for a few more years. That's what I was thinking. I'm wondering , now, if it's worth it. He thinks that he can pick up a new 1TB SSD for my unit for about 200 dollars. It's better than paying over 1,000 for a new one. I'm still going back and forth about it.

Last edited by Pooch; 06/01/18 03:47 PM.

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia