Originally Posted by BrettT
I have kind of a mixed feeling over the FC aircraft. On the one hand I like being able to get up to speed fairly quickly, on the other hand I find myself wishing they had just a few switches that were clickable just so everything wouldn't need to be mapped or programmed into voice attack, especially since I fly VR only. That being said, I typically don't go through the full start-up and shut down procedures instead I tend to fill in the gaps on the auto-start to get the vehicle setup the way I want it. I have taken the time to learn the start-ups on several of the easier vehicles (L39, WW2 birds, F-5, Huey, F86), I just don't tend to use them. I also have spent serious time in only one of the FC3 vehicles, F-15....which I enjoyed immensely. Since I tend to use the autostart and do enjoy learning how to use the weapons/nav systems in a practical sense....I don't see myself purchasing light versions of modules I already have or have learned.

Clickable is more accessible than not. I understand FC123 planes were made before that was a thing and conversion (aka complete redo) was laborsome. However FC4 and onward there is no reason to have non-clickable cockpits. You're making these new or from existing clickable architectures. Remembering LCtrl-LShift-PageUp is hard. Click the switch is easy. Clickable cockpit has nothing to do with complexity. Maybe FC planes have 10 switches instead of 100 for the study module but they should all be clickable.