Originally Posted by nadal
Actually not that bad decision they made, considering is good for catching new commer.

How so?

Originally Posted by nadal
There is actually a dozen of friends that I hesitate to invite to this genre because of hurdles they have to overcome, installation, joystick, trackir, learning system...etc
This will definitely lessen the hesitation.

What's wrong with FC3 that you cannot invite them because of it? Would they not have to deal with installation, joystick, TrackIR, etc. regardless of FC3-level or DCS-level? The only thing less to learn would be avionics but even then, I would think that having to learn all those key combos (the entire cockpit, not just what's on the HOTAS) offsets any simplicity of FC3-level aircraft.

Originally Posted by malibu43
I am happy about the opportunity for a FC level aircraft that I wouldn't buy the "full" version of otherwise. I don't have the time to learn and stay proficient at multiple full "DCS" level modules, but am interested in addition FC level planes.
In my case it is incremental revenue, not canibalization.

I had you in mind there, malibu43! smile But how many of you are really out there? What is the size of the market that feels the same as you? Regardless, even if there were 1,000 of you out of 100,000 total customer base, FC4 as planned will only really cater to 1,000. If they made FC4 with new aircraft as others suggest, FC4 can cater to the entire 100,000 customer base. This is what makes it a facepalm decision.

- Ice