There are ejections, it's not obvious though. It's an icon on the lower left corner as an option to save your pilot and the mech will be up for repair in the bay.
I've yet to try it, but it's there.
Jingles did it at 27:45 here. Spoilers about a story mission, so if you don't want to see it, skip to it.

For me, I'd also like the ship navigation to just have everything listed flat out instead of sliding to the side to go to somewhere. Or even just send you directly to the mech bay and make the dialogue some other option after you're in there.
The most irritating thing, other than load times, is the drag and drop setting up your mech. I know the pointer just needs to be inside the box, but in my mind it isn't the position of the pointer as much as it's the position of the component. It needs to be more intuitive as far as making the drop easier.

I know we're getting more options for speeding the game up, but after turning all options and cameras off, I'm pretty happy. I still have auto select when not in combat checked, but the rest is off and it's a lot nicer.

Attached Files Inked5-10-2018-12.06.43 PM_LI.jpg

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor