Btw I got to play around with my shapeways prototype test prints of the Cougar and CH pots today. I printed them in a funky type of array to save a few pennies. The ball bearings and all plastic parts fit great actually. Electrically the hall sensor pots are working fine and I can calibrate and use them in the Cougar Software or MMJoy no problem. On the Cougar gimbal I could get 1008 points via MMJoy2. (Arduino power supply obviously outputs a little less than 5V)

I couldnt test the KMZ41 pot types yet, as the PCBs from OSH Park still havent arrived. Except for a few little obvious refinements I only noticed one unexpected flaw... the N52 magnets are to #%&*$# strong. They magnetize the metal ball bearing and cause a kind of preferred point of rest. Now mechanically this doent have much of an impact once they are mounted, but getting them aligned to the female part of the gimbal may cause some challenges... we will see!

I plan to upload a refined hall sensor version of these pots for DIY projects on Shapeways. https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

The KMZ41 ones took a metric shiiiit ton of work... I started on these initially to replace my worn Cougar pots and to provide a high resolution digital sensor for my CH Pro Throttle. These will hopefully turn out to be the ultimate end all crap contactless replacement pots for TM Cougar and CH stuff that I imagine them to be. yep

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Last edited by rel4y; 02/02/19 04:03 PM.