It is pretty amazing as to how far BOX has come both operationally and graphically. If you look from the first page of this thread until now, the visuals alone have improved exponentially over the 4+ years it has been available. The landscape textures, the clouds with the cloud mod, the Mountains in Kuban, the river beds, the road textures and especially the complete overhaul of the Stalingrad and Moscow map textures. The planes themselves with all of FM improvements and now the 4k templates & skins. The AI improvements, which are coming along slowly and have quite a ways to go, but they are happening, TY 1C AI guy!!! All of the adjustable graphics settings and presets that allow each person to tweak all they like, or just choose a preset. The MP having the professional servers or private quick launch dogfight or Coop servers. The "Mods On" ability to let creative players bring out more possibilities of variation and immersion depth in BOX. PWCG, giving more possibilities to SPs to have another, in parallel with the Official Career, immersive pilot Career opportunity. All of this, not to mention the 1000s of lines of code that we never see at work just to make this possible, culminates in a Very, Very Good Combat Flight Simulator. 1C, please keep working on the AI for us SPs, it is not there yet, but it is getting better & better with each addition of your hard work revising and improving it. I am not going to single anyone out, so to the WHOLE of the 1C TEAM, keep doing what you are doing, try listening to your Customer base as much as you can and keep working hard to make the whole IL2 Great Battles titles the best that they can be. Thank you to 1C for rescuing BOS and bringing us to the point we are at now with the BOX series. I am looking forward to what you can do with BOBP and my personally Beloved P38 Lightning. Here are a few pics from beginning to present, spread over several posts here in the coming days and hours as a little tribute to how far Box has come. Hope you enjoy. salute

S!Blade<><

Some of my first pictures in BOS, 10/9/2014 through 10/20/2014, showcasing the dreaded "bubble of blur" in the first 2 pics.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A little "Bug" I found in an early update. This was known as the "Tuck & Kiss Your Ass Goodbye" or "Winging It!" bug.
[Linked Image]

Attached Files 2014_10_9__3_33_34.jpg2014_10_9__3_52_26.jpg2014_10_11__14_22_36.jpg2014_10_13__1_44_45.jpg2014_10_20__3_16_37.jpg2014_10_20__3_29_30.jpg2014_10_20__3_30_58.jpg2014_10_20__3_35_1.jpg2.jpg
Last edited by Blade_Meister; 05/05/18 08:28 PM.