Originally Posted by - Ice
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE
I'd argue the two most relevant data points are the previous DCS aircraft, Blackshark and A-10C. They both did eventually reach "full fidelity", or at least as "full" as is realistically feasible for a public desktop based simulation.
The key word in that sentence of course, is "eventually" smile

Yes, but releasing the Shark and the Hog at... say 90% feature complete is not the same as what features are in the Hornet when it releases.

So far we've not seen any A-G radar yet and ED are just working on the other A-A modes. Heck, the Hornet won't even release with the AIM-120s! So a 30% feature complete is not the same as how the Hog and Shark was released.

Right, but you were saying the previous history was informing how the hornet launch would go: "and based on their previous history, we are unlikely to ever see it being completed either."

and I'm saying they've a pretty good history of releasing top-notch modules...eventually.

Any while yes, they've never released something as complex as the hornet before, that's the exact point: it motivates the completion of the hornet because it's the gatekeeper for showcasing the versatility of platform in both the retail and contractor space.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION