Originally Posted by - Ice
I think I played the derelict jumpship mission a few times and always had the same enemy troops so I was under the impression that the OpFor composition was static, but then maybe this is only the case for story missions and random contract missions can be more varied in OpFor composition?

That's my impression. I think the story missions are "seeded" with certain mechs they want you to have access to, or at least start building up parts for. Go for the legs! I got a Jager out of one of those.
Originally Posted by JohnnyChemo
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
Lots of garage tome fun to be had.
An old school, straight forward, awesome game, not dependent on weird game play mechanics.
I haven’t been this hooked on a TBS game since 1989 playing the same thing on an Amiga with hex maps.

Mechforce!! I remember it well! It's that game that got me so interested in this one when it was announced - I hoped it would be a spiritual successor. So far, I'd have to say that it is too.
I even used my old Mechforce character name for this one!

It also gives me a "Mech Commander" feel to even though it's not an RTS. I enjoyed that one quite a bit too.

Of course, it's release times with my absolute busiest time of year, so I haven't had much playing time on it. A few more weeks....

That's it! IIRC it was on 3 floppies, the game, a pilot and mech garage and a map maker. My friends and I spent MANY nights playing that entirely too much my freshman year in college.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor