Originally Posted by Force10

.I know it's painful for an experienced motocrosser to watch super noob footage like mine wink .

no worries, I could barely stand to watch some of my first races, we all got to start somewhere. smile

Being 50 and new to dirtbiking...I think I've plateaued somewhat skill wise. The best advice is always practice, practice, practice. With a demanding job, getting time to show up on race day is about all I can squeeze in so my improvement is very slow. Starting so late at my age...there seems to be a problem connecting the gonads to the throttle hand. I know I would take less of a pounding if I kept on the gas and cleared some of these step-up jumps I'm flat landing on the face.

Those are normal issues for new riders of any age, don't be so hard on yourself. At least you're on pretty equal footing in your class. I started at 15 in the 85cc class against some kids that had been racing since they were 4 or 5 and considered expert lvl (A). I couldn't ride or race as much as wanted to starting out, so it took me about 5 years to really get going.

I set a goal for myself to try and race a full season this year...and have fun! thumbsup The pre-gate-drop jitters are still there after 16 drops under my belt...don't think they're going away anytime soon.

That's sounds pretty reasonable, and always have fun! smile

Those pre-start jitters never go away, they keep you alert on the line lol