I went and got the Sensor Fragments for Professor Palin. It wasn't difficult, once I had planetary coordinates to a crash site. I saw nothing in the game that would have led me to it. Without internet forums to find this info I doubt I would have on my own. With the long and lat though it was easy, and I now have G5 thrusters biggrin The Vulture is more whirlybird than eva.

As for gathering mats. Satellites are a really good spot. I find these orbiting populated earth-likes (city lights on dark side). Look for Encoded Emission USS. A quick scan often drops some of the better encoded mats. No risk, easy reward.

And as mentioned, always be scanning any ship, just the ones you are following through the slot can drop data mats.

[Linked Image]

This is the haul from a high grade emissions USS. As I mentioned, even if you don't need this for any of the mods you are using, it can be used for trading. These six composites could be traded down in to over one hundred lesser grade mats.

[Linked Image]

There is a small chance that a pirate or two may drop in to the USS while you're in there, so keep alert. Not much trouble to high-wake out if you aren't ready to offer battle.

Attached Files satellite.jpghguss.jpg

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!