Well, it appears that it builds on whatever was reached at the previous grade, so worth it to squeeze every drop, at least for me.

Tonight I wanted to go to a materials trader to grab some mechanical equipment and some components to work on my drives for a few ships. So I used EDDB to find one nearby and arrived to find she sold data! Well, what a shock. I had no idea, as I'd only come across the ones that sold components or whatever they might be called. I cleaned out her shop haha, and then, still needing the original stuff, I plotted a course to another. Arrived to find he sold minerals! Get outta here already. Does it never end? Cleaned out his shop too. Still haven't gotten the stuff I had originally been looking for. I bookmarked those two shops for later. I had no idea when I started engineering that these things existed (along with remote workshops), and it makes it all far easier than I could have guessed. I now have grade 5 stuff on all of my ships, though I have yet to unlock most of the engineers, only three so far. So no energy weapons, or power distributors or armor and more just yet. Still, I've not felt a twinge of grind about the whole process. Maybe later I will, but having materials traders means as long as you're getting something, you can always get anything.

How can I search by filtering what types of materials these traders deal in before casting my lines?

Here is the answer

Last edited by DBond; 04/06/18 03:44 AM.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!