It's good to see Scott in here and it's nice to have his perspective from so many years ago.

JF-15 was my first ever "hardcore" simulation and I flew it on simplified settings because it was just that cool of an experience. I didn't want to flip every switch. I wanted to feel like a combat pilot over Iraq during Desert Storm. That was it.

JF-18 was an ever better experience for me because it involved carrier aviation, which holds a special place in my heart as my dad was in naval aviation during Vietnam. Both games have never been duplicated (in my mind) since. Nobody was able to do it quite as well, and if they could ever be updated to run on modern hardware and operating systems, I think they'd be among the best-selling titles on GOG.

I still fly Strike Fighters 2 because no one has yet to make a 'middle-ground' simulator that has just enough realism to be challenging, but not so much that I need a degree from MIT to simply click the .exe file. CAP2 shows promise and I've been testing the crap out of it, and if you haven't picked it up yet, you should. Ed Scio is going a great job bringing back the mechanics of EF2K, TAW, etc.

"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com