AMD Pinnacle Ridge CPUs to have soldered IHS

Not thermal paste like Raven Ridge APUs [Ryzen 5 2400G]

In the aftermath of Raven Ridge delidding, which revealed that it uses thermal paste under the IHS, AMD's Robert Hallock took to Reddit to note that this won't be the case with the upcoming Pinnacle Ridge CPUs, based on 12nm manufacturing process and usually known as the Ryzen 2 CPUs.

Hallock added that TIM made the most sense for the performance and thermal characteristics of the Raven Ridge APU design, describing it as the right tool for the right job. He also was quite keen to note that "a pure processor, designed for enthusiast gaming machines, plays in a different market" and as such has "different prices, different thermal and mechanical requirements", which is why the second generation Ryzen, as he calls it, will use solder.

My Raven Ridge Ryzen 5 2400G easily overclocks to 4GHz on all cores all the time.

However, after a few minutes in a stress test (e.g. Prime95), the temperature is climbing above 80C on standard cooling. The throttling limit is 95C according to the AMD overclocking software. I've read that 75C is safe for continuous use. I stop the test at 80C.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro