Originally Posted by jenrick
I'm all for simple, going with carbon monoxide is an alternative, but how to generate it? He has no vehicle/engine/generator available - Gambell pulls its power from wind/hydro not diesel. I guess they could have brought one or two generators with them.

Any combustion source will do. Have a wood stove used for heat after the attack knocked out power, something like that. Just block off the exhaust enough and done.

Good points about the VX; I'd seen it as potentially being used to defend the island from counterattack (attack the US landing zone) rather than in the first offensive operation. Logic was Russia wanting to deploy the fewest troop numbers possible. If not likely, I'll drop it but want a dramatic/shocking way for him to take out the surviving wounded and the elderly townsfolk (wow that sounds morbid but it's a plot thing! Just herd them all together in the gym and set fire to it?). (Yeah I know that 2-PAM injector needle is a beatch, I looked it up! Visible from space. But I figured Zubkov deserved it.)

Again I think using the VX even as an area denial tool, would be up there politically with touching off a tac nuke. For what St. Lawrence is to the plan, there's no reason to pack in VX. It'd actually be a lot safer, easier, and thorough to deploy it via cruise missile at a later time, in the even the political realities of the conflict call for it. A mortar lobbing gas shells is not be terribly effective, very limited area, and also runs a pretty decent risk of things going horribly wrong.

-Jenrick

Originally Posted by Ssnake
I gotta say though, a VX-less plot to kill the wounded and the remaining civilians in Gambell would still be horrific but less implausible. Setting a building on fire and blocking the escape would be terrible enough. With nerve agents involved, particularly if hand delivered with a spray dispenser, it's overwhelmingly likely to go wrong.

Agree! VX will be substituted for something 'still horrific but less implausible'!

Originally Posted by rollnloop.
Well, late in this world, early in next. Will st peter welcome him with cucaracha horn ? neaner :

edit: had already spread, added latest infos on french forum : http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=276&t=200178&p=1640809#p1640809

Merci mon ami!

[Linked Image]