How to use Decentraleyes (a Firefox Add-on) properly with NoScript, Umatrix / Ublock Origin

I have all these add-ons in Firefox. In fact all these:
[Linked Image]
But until now I haven't been using Decentralize properly always. Especially since a new install of firefox-esr.

Decentraleyes test page here

When you have the correct settings it will indicate so. Or not if vice' versa.

Decentraleyes FAQ page
has the answer to the settings for Umatrix / UBlock Origin and NoScript, etc.

• First make the settings for Noscript:
    Add the domains ajax.googleapis.com, ajax.aspnetcdn.com, ajax.microsoft.com, cdnjs.cloudflare.com, code.jquery.com, cdn.jsdelivr.net, yandex.st, yastatic.net, libs.baidu.com, lib.sinaapp.com, and upcdn.b0.upaiyun.com to your whitelist.

-
  • Then settings for Umatrix or UBlock Origin

Open up the extension dashboard, and navigate to the My rules tab. Revert any unwanted non-permanent changes, click Edit under the temporary rules section, and paste the list of rules below into the text area. Save and commit your changes. Supported requests will now be delegated.

* ajax.googleapis.com * noop
    * ajax.aspnetcdn.com * noop
    * ajax.microsoft.com * noop
    * cdnjs.cloudflare.com * noop
    * code.jquery.com * noop
    * cdn.jsdelivr.net * noop
    * yastatic.net * noop
    * yandex.st * noop
    * libs.baidu.com * noop
    * lib.sinaapp.com * noop
    * upcdn.b0.upaiyun.com * noop

-

Note if you use both like I do just make these above noop settings in Umatrix. You don't need to set them in UBlock Origin also.

I use UBlock Origin to do all its blocking (in non-easy mode) and Umatrix I have unchecked alll the hosts files lists (as shown in image below).
    Then I use Umatrix only to do some other settings and Allow / disallow some parts of pages individually occassionaly. UBlock Origin really does most of the work.

[Linked Image]

btw:Actually I did add
    * ajax.googleapis.com * noop
    to UBlock Origin also, before I figured out UMatrix would logically be where they go. But it makes probaly no difference

--
  • That's it. Done!

Now open the Decentraleyes test page here again to check if Decentraleyes is working.
    [Linked Image]

Voila' it works!

--
Addendum...
Since I use RequestPolicy Continued, I just found out it only works with Dencentraleyes if you also allow the requested CDN in RequestPolicy Continued (ex. ajax.googleapis.com).
I may stop using RequestPolicy Continued anyway, although it is an excellent Add-on,
(blocks and is especially useful to block images, and more. that try to load from 3rd party sites into webpage)
since 3P Request Blocker just came out and seems very promising.
see; 3P Request Blocker blocks all third-party requests in Firefox
Its a web extension and thus can be used in later browsers also ... only be used in later than
Firefox ESR 52 / Tor Browser, since ESR52 doesn't have latest WebExt APIs.. Thus I may upgrade to newer browser since I currently using just Firefox 52 ESR.)

Attached Files addons2018-2-12.pngumatrix-royssettingwublockorigin.pngdecentraleyesworks.png
Last edited by FsFOOT; 02/13/18 11:02 PM. Reason: Addendum... only be used in later than Firefox ESR 52