Originally Posted by Paradaz
Another reason will be AMDs poor performing cards after they promised so much

In all honesty, I never heard AMD over promise -- though many folks have said they did.

I paid attention to the "official" comments and official "selling pitch" out of the mouths of company spokes persons.

How some blog writers have "interpreted" the official statements says something negative about the nominally-professional blog writers. Moreover, the ordinary folks who comment on line (like me) have no way to know. Its why I always say: Wait for actual product release to sales and independent tests.

The AMD public statements and the public pre-release demos indicated a card "competitive" in FPS with GTX1070 and GTX1080 (not 1080Ti) -- and better in "compute" tasks -- for the same or slightly less money.

Competitive means that in a head to head "visual" test, most folks won't see the difference (AMD actually ran a public test like that -- commented in this thread a long time back). If one "measures" FPS, it will be win-some lose-some or be real close. That's about how it turned out.

Unfortunately, AMD was MUCH better at compute, So, the cryptocurrency miners drove prices way up. To a gamer, RX Vega is NOT worth what's being charged today. But, I'm not excited about Nvidia's prices either.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro