I love Mexican food so low carb Mexican is a favorite:
Low Carb Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 white onion, diced
· 1 green pepper, diced
· 1 red pepper, diced
· fine sea salt and pepper (to taste)
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
· 2 cups crushed tomatoes
· 4 cups chicken broth
· 3 cups shredded chicken
· 2 avocados, sliced, for topping
· 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1. Add olive oil to stockpot over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and season liberally with salt and pepper.
2. Sauté the mixture for 3 or 4 minutes until the onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and sauté for 2 or 3 more minutes.
4. Add crushed tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
5. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Add the chicken and simmer for 15 more minutes.
7. Adjust the seasonings to taste and serve into bowls. Top with cilantro and avocado and enjoy.
"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which The Party is always right." - George Orwell, 1984