I love Mexican food so low carb Mexican is a favorite:
Low Carb Mexican Chicken Tortilla Soup
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 white onion, diced
· 1 green pepper, diced
· 1 red pepper, diced
· fine sea salt and pepper (to taste)
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika
· 1 teaspoon cumin
· 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
· 2 cups crushed tomatoes
· 4 cups chicken broth
· 3 cups shredded chicken
· 2 avocados, sliced, for topping
· 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1. Add olive oil to stockpot over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and season liberally with salt and pepper.
2. Sauté the mixture for 3 or 4 minutes until the onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and sauté for 2 or 3 more minutes.
4. Add crushed tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
5. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Add the chicken and simmer for 15 more minutes.
7. Adjust the seasonings to taste and serve into bowls. Top with cilantro and avocado and enjoy.
“Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property. When government-- in pursuit of good intentions tries to rearrange the economy, legislate morality, or help special interests, the cost comes in inefficiency, lack of motivation, and loss of freedom. Government should be a referee, not an active player.” - Milton Friedman