Here is another we really like, much more than I would have ever imagined. This is another I would eat even when not dieting.
Roasted Cauliflower (or "Cauliflower Steaks")
· 1 large cauliflower, cut into 2 steaks about 3/4-inch thick
· 2 tablespoons unfiltered extra virgin olive oil
· 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
· kosher salt
· freshly ground black pepper
1. Move oven rack to the top position in the oven. Preheat oven to 450°. Line baking tray with nonstick aluminum foil.
2. Season cauliflower with granulated garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Roast 17-20 minutes per side until golden brown and fork tender.
3. Serve immediately.
We like to eat the above with steamed broccoli and the following sauce:
Easy Red-Wine Vinaigrette
· 1/3 cup red-wine vinegar
· 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
· 1 small clove garlic, minced
· 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
· 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Whisk vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
2. Whisk in oil in a slow steady stream until emulsified.
Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days; bring to room temperature just before serving.
“Together, let us take up the challenge to reawaken America's religious and moral heart, recognizing that a deep and abiding faith in God is the rock upon which this great Nation was founded.” - Ronald Reagan, May 4, 1982