Here is another we really like, much more than I would have ever imagined. This is another I would eat even when not dieting.
Roasted Cauliflower (or "Cauliflower Steaks")
· 1 large cauliflower, cut into 2 steaks about 3/4-inch thick
· 2 tablespoons unfiltered extra virgin olive oil
· 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
· kosher salt
· freshly ground black pepper
1. Move oven rack to the top position in the oven. Preheat oven to 450°. Line baking tray with nonstick aluminum foil.
2. Season cauliflower with granulated garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil. Roast 17-20 minutes per side until golden brown and fork tender.
3. Serve immediately.
We like to eat the above with steamed broccoli and the following sauce:
Easy Red-Wine Vinaigrette
· 1/3 cup red-wine vinegar
· 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
· 1 small clove garlic, minced
· 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
· 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Whisk vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
2. Whisk in oil in a slow steady stream until emulsified.
Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days; bring to room temperature just before serving.
“Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property. When government-- in pursuit of good intentions tries to rearrange the economy, legislate morality, or help special interests, the cost comes in inefficiency, lack of motivation, and loss of freedom. Government should be a referee, not an active player.” - Milton Friedman