Since the beginning of the year I've been on a low carb diet, I've lost about 10 pounds so far. I thought it would be a good idea to share some low carb recipes I've found that I enjoy. Feel free to share recipes that are low carb, low fat, low calorie or just healthy in general. Of course not many recipes will meet all of those criteria at the same time!
Here is something we tried last night for the first time and has filed a major gap in my meal enjoyment on a low carb diet: BREAD. I love bread and that's the one thing I really miss on low carb. This is amazing, delicious and I'll eat it even if I were not on a diet.
Nearly No Carb Keto Bread
· 8 ounces cream cheese
· 2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
· 3 large eggs
· 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
· 1 cup pork rinds crushed
· 1 tablespoon baking powder
· herbs and spices to taste (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet (I used a 12 x 17 pan) with parchment paper.
2. Place cream cheese and mozzarella cheese in large microwaveable bowl.
3. Microwave cheese on high power for one minute, stir, then microwave for another minute and stir again. The cheese should be fully melted.
4. Add egg, parmesan, pork rinds, and baking powder. Stir until all ingredients have been incorporated.
5. Spread mixture onto parchment paper lined pan. Bake at 375°F for 15-20 or until lightly brown on top.
6. Allow pan to cool on rack for 15 minutes, then remove bread from pan and cool directly on rack.
7. Slice into 12 equal sized pieces. Can be eaten plain or used to make sandwiches.
Amount Per Serving (1 slice)
Calories 166 Calories from Fat 117
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 1g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Last edited by F4UDash4; 01/28/18 10:00 PM. Reason: add nutritional info
“Government has three primary functions. It should provide for military defense of the nation. It should enforce contracts between individuals. It should protect citizens from crimes against themselves or their property. When government-- in pursuit of good intentions tries to rearrange the economy, legislate morality, or help special interests, the cost comes in inefficiency, lack of motivation, and loss of freedom. Government should be a referee, not an active player.” - Milton Friedman