I very much enjoyed the series, and the Sweden vs Canada game was one of the best I've seen in a long time -- The pace of that game was off the charts, and I feel for the Swedish kids as you could tell how much the event meant to them -- they played a hell of a game.

It's sad to see that the event was so poorly attended. Just Sad.

As a transplant from Canuckistan living in the US, gratz to the USA boys for earning the bronze (first 3-peat medals showing for them), and I'm, of course, glad that the Canadians recovered from the heartbreaker shootout loss in the outdoors game (though the US definitely earned that win) to persevere and win Gold. Kudos to them and their coaching staff for keeping on track. I guess the team I feel sorriest for though is the Czechs -- to give up two touchdowns and a safety worth of goals (7-2 vs Canada, 9-3 vs USA) in the final two elimination / medal games of the tournament is just brutal. Ouch.

@WangoTango -- that was a point Ray Ferraro made iirc - he was refuting that premise (that evidently others had said) and his point was that it clearly, very much, matters to the kids and families of the participants, and I'd further add that it also matters to true fans of hockey, as these kids will be the new crop of NHL pros in coming years -- and rightfully so, the talent at that tournament was impressive imho.

Cheers,
4 <S!>