Originally Posted by thealx
I have checked torque indicators code - I am not sure how exactly you expected it can work, draw_havoc_engine_bar uses 2D draw functions that no longer longer work with the 3D cockpit. You can't just copy old code, it should be modified for sub objects manipulation, or texture animation.
I have changed trq_gauge object and added function to control it's scale->y value, that's the way how usual instruments works. You just need to set in the scene parent's position, and object rotation (to fit cockpit surface), other indicators can be added same way.
And, are you sure you have used exactly the same function as in the 1.15.0? as this particular bar behave differently.

Thanks for having a look at that, and the advice.

I'm confused though. Why does the Comanche and Apache MFD gauges work, as they use the 2D draw functions to draw the bars on the engine pages.

I was trying to basically use the same functions as they use to draw the bar on a texture. Almost like the engine gauges were unique MFDs. That's why I reused some code from those.

I had discussed a while ago with Firebird about doing it using a 3D subobject, but wasn't sure how to approach it.

Also, this experiment was also to learn how to do it so I can later use it in my Blackhawk. In the Blackhawk bars, the colour changes as the bar increases, so I'd have to work out how to do that. With the way the comanche torque bar works, it changes colour if it's over torque.

Just to add, I don't have a problem with doing them as 3D objects, as I'm pretty familiar with that. But I'd like to know why the 2D draw functions work in some places, i.e. MFDs, but can't be used in others.

Last edited by messyhead; 11/15/17 11:39 AM.