Yeah, that's one issue I really have with BMS. No winds aloft therefore I feel like a bad-ass all the time plinking stuff from Angels 25-30. Can someone say with certainty how RL pilots do it with dumb bombs, even CBUs? Even with the spread of CBUs, I'm sure there's a limit over which may result in a total miss.

Axe, to do something like this, ideally, you'd want CCRP and "lock" onto your targets with TGP (if it were vehicles) or set a precision steerpoint (if target is a building). You could do a "delayed mode" CCIP drop with the Mk II Eyeball but depending on the target and your smart scaling settings, it may be quite hard to pick out the target accurately from a very high altitude.

Originally Posted by DBond
I just am trying to convince you Axe to get out of the damn weeds.

I had this problem with DCS A10C. I felt that anything above 5,000-6,000 AGL would be too high; I simply did not have the patience to bring the Hog up to 20,000. 12K was the highest I think I went. Luckily, with the Viper, it's so easy to go up and maybe due to practicing with a "hard deck," I now feel 15K is too low unless I'm delivering orndance or in a dogfight.

- Ice