Well Hi people, I have been offline sim wise for almost 10 years. Seeing the Frugal Memorial & several folk I remember from Frugals
brought me back from the dead.

I learned enuff about flame wars to keep my opinion regarding anything other than exact sim stuff, to myself, anyway good to be back.

"Seems like it was yesterday" hell yea I will be 57 this spring 2017, and a week goes by in 2-3 days. Considering the pain that comes w/ old age
consider it a blessing. If time went by like it did when i was a kid (and life was pretty fascinating) I would go nuts.

Do to health stuff I had to quit smoking cigars, drinking booze, motorcycles cars at night to local only during day i used to
scuba dive, kung fu, taoist meditation/ magic almost.... any way cool stuff. m/c was a 1982 GS1100e w/ a full blown racing engine redline was 12,500 top speed 180 mph 1/4 mile 10 sec 135 mph.....it was fun to destroy new 600-750-900 sport bikes ,not for road racing though.....

Now my old g/f pal died 1.5 years ago, everyone i knew from growing up is dead or we don't get along so finding new people
and things to do that are fun & good for ya is not so easy as it was when I could get on/in a vehicle & drive away........

Anyway just seeing DBOND working to make this forum thread come to life was great. Reading the AARs & everyone else gave such interesting responses, it got me to
come back on line to what really appears to be a great group of simmers. What was really fun was using the way back machine to look at frugals, MiG Alley Flanker, Janes, il-2 and Falcon were all released like every few months!!! The Articles really brout me back to damn near my youth.

I had "retired" just when F4;AF was out & I never got anywhere with it. F4-1.08 i used all the time but in campaigns only dropped 500lb gp bombs or maybe a HARM that was it for ground & air to air was easy to control.
Jane f15 radar and system was easy fa18 never made it anyw where w/ me, so bottom line I got a lot of time in prop planes w/o electronics so i have plenty to relearn/learn.

Lastly, i got a new gaming system, more like a gaming desktop workstation.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/5009403

UserBenchmarks: Game 63%, Desk 107%, Work 91%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X - 80.2%
GPU: AMD RX 470 - 58.6%
SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB - 76.8%
SSD: Samsung 960 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 250GB - 210.7%
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB - 104.2%
RAM: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB - 102.2%
MBD: Asus PRIME X370-PRO

And https://valid.x86.fr/6hk7ga

Really lastly the MBD is pretty nice, it is missing some reset buttons for extreme over clocking etc. Mine required 1 bios update to 0812 & 3200 ram was running in seconds. Great sound chip, best system I have ever owned in my life!
The 1600x has way more cores/threads than I need, next one for Dad will have 4 core 8 thread cpu w/ built in graphics. rx 470 was left over good enuff but..........................

good to be here..............have a great day everyone.

Last edited by blit_ZEN; 11/07/17 12:24 PM.