Originally Posted by FFLink
Originally Posted by Kbird

I had not noticed the 1st pic is actually a 2x2 matrix , it was the 2nd pic I wanted FFlink to see , I just included the others as I had saved them in the same Folder.

KB

Ah, my wording comes from my misunderstanding of what constitutes a button matrix.

When I said "It's good to know that the matrix is necessary, anyway" what I meant was "It's good to know I need at least two pins for a single button". I guess I thought that would be a 1x1 matrix? lol...

Well I worked on my project at the weekend and it was hard. But I sort of got there in the end.

I had to replace some of my buttons with the smaller ones with 4 pins, and when I was finished I realised I had soldered my cables to the wrong legs... Which was fun reverting :P

I also realised I can't quite use the thumbstick I wanted to use as it's too big, so I've ordered a smaller one without the push button ability xD

All in all, I couldn't get it working due to crappy PCB headers/housing, my lack of a crimp tool and general incompetence on my behalf.

So now I'm waiting for new stuff this week and will try again with renewed vigor biggrin

Thanks again, all.

smile don't worry we have all been there smile that was me about a year ago when I decided to convert my FLCS and TQS to USB, don't sweat it it's always good to step back and start again check everything....and asking questions here if needed.... pics help ..

KB

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1