Originally Posted by FFLink
Originally Posted by Forsaken_joystick
It's a regular button, and you didn't wired it.... I do use one of those but without it's pcb,... I've unsoldered one from an old gamepad.

Ah, yes, I didn't wire it in this picture just because I wasn't sure what to do with it.

Originally Posted by Kbird
My guess is it doesn't need an extra GND wire and all you need is a wire from SEL to a Digital input like A2 ......I think the pushbutton is probably already internally grounded when you push it, just like the Axis pins are.

Find the joystick's DATA sheet online if you don't have it and check it out

KB

I think I tried this once, but it was when I was using crapping cables on a breadboard, so it's possible there was a loose connection.

Do you know if I would I need to add the pin to the Button matrix config within MMjoy2, or will it just get picked up if there's a signal sent to a pin?

The wiki for MMjoy2 gave me the impression that the only way to add buttons was to either use a button matrix or shift register, and I was getting confused because from this button I only have one pin, so nothing to use as a Row/Column.

Also, I assume I would also need a Diode between the button and Pro Micro pin?

Thank you both for your help. I'll check out the Data sheet online and see if that helps clear anything up as well biggrin

Any button can be wired Direct ( two pins ) or thru a Matrix and work with MMjoy but either way you need to define the pins in MMjoy. It looks as though for this particular switch to work you may need to go direct instead as it needs a pullup resistor to work with the internal ground ( see below) and thus you may need to cut (scratch off) the traces as suggested and shown by Sokol and Forsaken and solder your own two wires as Sokol shows. Single Buttons do not need a Diode theoretically as they can't Ghost AFAIK, then again it can't hurt either I'm thinking....ie good practice to include. But the Single button is in the Wiki on this page just above the pic of the red PCB with the single button attached to D2 and D3....and it does have the diode...

https://github.com/MMjoy/mmjoy_en/wiki/Connecting-basic-inputs-and-setting-up-software

I think this is the switch and it's tutorial? https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/272

Some info from there.....

The breakout board provides five labeled connections. You'll connect these lines to your project or microcontroller:

VCC: connect this to your positive supply (usually 5V or 3.3V)
VERT: this is the vertical output voltage (will be half of VCC when the joystick is centered)
HORIZ: this is the horizontal output voltage (will be half of VCC when the joystick is centered)
SEL: this is the output from the pushbutton, normally open, will connect to GND when the button is pushed (see example code below)
GND: connect this to your ground line (GND)

Note that the pushbutton (SEL) is connected to GND when pressed, and open (disconnected) when unpressed. Use a pullup resistor on your digital input so that when it's unpressed, your input will read 1 (HIGH), and when pressed, the input will read 0 (LOW). Many microcontrollers have internal pullup resistors you can use for this purpose. See the example code below for how to do this on an Arduino.

Last edited by Kbird; 10/31/17 06:32 PM.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1