Originally Posted by Kbird
[quote=Barra]
Hi Barra , no pics , so I don't believe you are building rudders smile .... how I will I build some if you don't do a detailed Tutorial ? smile

1. gluing the magnets to the metal pot shaft in my FLCS didn't seem to matter , but using metal washers as spacers on the shaft seemed to , i think it was cos the metal washers could rotate though ( still spin) but I changed them out for plastic/nylon spacers anyway.

2. didnt seem to need to be that accurate, but I like the heatshrink idea above , once calibrated in MMjoy it seems to work just fine here

3. I don't think I was that care about the magnets , re a bit more glue on on side and all seems well , I think my magnets are about 3-4 mm from the Sensor chip but I didnt measure it.

I've taken some pics but not collated them yet.

Whole thing a lot heavier than set out to be but had a lot of help from amateur engineer neighbour who likes steel. So beggars cannot be choosers. Currently set magnets with gaff tape to test and are only about 1mm from magnet.

Hot melt glue that I had did not want to stick to bolt well so may have to go for araldite glue and it does not go off as quick.

Thanks