The Warthog is a mixed bag in my opinion. The often mentioned stiction issue is a real problem,but this differs from unit to unit. Some say they don't have this issue at all,when I bought mine some years ago it was terrible out of the box. I had to open it up and apply some quality grease to the plastic gimbal. This made it better,but not what I would expect from a stick in that price range. On the other hand I never had any other issues with it in the over 4 years I had it in heavy use. Some users have reported failure of one or more buttons over time,but I can not confirm that. Also the Throttle unit held up pretty well from the beginning,I can not say anything bad about it. Functionality of the base toggle switches is not so good if you don't want to use the advanced programming feature of the Thrustmaster Software.
Most of them are On/Off switches,problem with that is that most programms only see the On position. Means if you, lets say ,want to turn on the engine you flip the switch up to On. To turn off you have to flip it to the Off position and then to On again for the sim to see another input.

I can not recommend the TM Warthog wholeheartedly for the price it is sold, because there are a few issues. There are some more high end alternatives that came up lately,namely the VKB and the Virpil sticks. Both don't offer a Throttle yet,but the sticks seem to be very high quality. I rather recommend one of those,if you can.