You've probably just emphasised my point there......the quote you just included in that last post doesn't indicate any doubt whatsoever. It verifies that Intel still has the performance edge in a post that starts off talking about performance being key in high core-count CPUs.

You are re-iterating that Intel is the performance king in a performance post, but then it suddenly swings into performance-per-dollar in a single application (in bold text) and touches on an AMD paradigm shift, and finishes off by stating how important performance-per-dollar is which is a total contradiction of the very first sentence.

It's all a bit bizarre. It's like you're trying very hard to try and justify how AMD is the 'winner' again. I'd agree with your sentiment about a 'thoughtful' purchaser will consider the needs and budget or Intel/AMD offerings however I'd probably replace the latter part of that sentence by saying only a rabid fanboy would defend and/or insist on buying any component based only on the brand name especially when they are in direct competition with each other and do exactly the same task with varying levels of efficiency.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.