Most everything in this thread are quotes of speculative, rumor, leak, unproven nature. Rather than selectively quote to mislead, I try to include sentences that indicate doubt. E.g. in the post above

As expected, Intel does have an edge in terms of performance per core figures..

For what its worth, I only link articles that I think add information worth looking at -- as I don't want to waste folks time.

Most articles have little or nothing new to say beyond what I excerpt -- even those that have hundreds of extra words (I suppose authors are paid to fill so many lines of text). By "new to say", I mean some shred of information that has not already been identified in a previous Reply in this thread.

Meantime, a few percent more per core performance in an Intel product will often have no visible impact in the game or job (measurable but not visible or noticeable in a practical sense). So, if a competitive AMD CPU is significantly cheaper, one can spend the left over money by adding a better other component to the build that may have a "visible" impact (e.g. a faster GPU, a faster NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD).

As AMD releases more Ryzen, Zen, and Threadripper CPUs, AMD is becoming head-to-head "competitive" with Intel in CPUs. That means a "thoughtful" purchaser will consider their needs and budget and what both Intel and AMD are offering before purchasing a CPU. However, Intel fans will defend and buy Intel -- just as AMD fans will buy AMD smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro