Originally Posted by F4UDash4
Originally Posted by PFunk
I see Ubi is playing it safe.

I don't know about that, potentially offending 70% of Americans doesn't seem like a safe bet to me.

On the contrary. It makes perfect sense. Consider the responses in this thread. How many are calling for violence over a clear mischaracterization of their faith? Go ahead and count it up.

The answer is none. What do Christians do when someone mocks them? Nothing. We ignore you. We walk away. We don't buy your product.

What we don't do is strap on nail studded vests and walk into concert halls. It's a safe play on Ubisoft's part, and there are enough consumers that don't have any sort of religious beliefs that the money will take care of itself.

Of course, outside of the morons in Westboro Baptist Church (which isn't even a church) Ubisoft's version of Christianity and actual, practiced Christianity bear about as much resemblance to each other as horsecrap does to roast beef.

Last edited by PFunk; 05/25/17 11:25 PM.

"A little luck & a little government is necessary to get by, but only a fool places his complete trust in either one." - PJ O'Rourke

www.sixmanfootball.com