Hi All ,
Unfortunately it looks like I may have killed my Computer this morning while trying to figure out why the TQS POT was showing very limited range in the VKB Joytester. I disconnected the Pot from the Handle and went to turn the pot by hand to check the range but while doing that I dropped the Pot back into the upside down base , The Leonardo disappeared from MMjoy and the Windows game Controller I also had open , so I unplugged the USB a few times and it didn't comeback so I decided to reboot the desktop and see if something was just "upset" somehow but the Computer now won't Boot , it comes on , fans spin etc but no Boot beep as usual and it just sits there not even a Bios screen .

I am thinking the 5v power side of the pot hit a ground wire and has not only fried the USB port(s) but also the CPU or south/northbridge , which will mean a new MB and or CPU , so if anyone has any ideas or experience with this kind of thing please let me know , I'm not sure how to proceed at the moment but it may not be worth fixing if I need a new MB and CPU ( which means new ram too likely)

Thx.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1