Originally Posted by erichos
Originally Posted by Kbird

I am still wondering what the best north/south alignment for the magnet is though , or does it matter ? In the image below I currently have the magnets mounted like C.)(a) but I now think perhaps they should be mounted like A.) with N/S vertical along the Sensor. My TLE5010 PCB's are mounted with the + Pin on the Board UP , looking at the bottom of the FLCS while I work on it (upside down in a small bucket) if it matters ...see images.

The best is C) but usually doesn`t matter different position because you need only +/- 20-30 degrees not 360. Example A) is the worst and B) is usually OK for joystick. When calibrating problem occurs, set "Magnet offset". It is software offset allignment.

Any ideas why my Shift Register PCB may not be working correctly once I connect it to the FLCS ? Is there anyway to test the '165 SR Chips to see if they are OK ?

I had a problem with this PCB:
[Linked Image]

During testing with short wires was everything OK but inside joystick with longer wires problems started. I found out that this PCB was modified against original PCB from first versions of MMJoy2. Only 1 resistor is missing. I added it and board is working.
[Linked Image]

Cut the copper route where I marked you RED lines and then add SMD resistor (10kOhm or 1kOhm) where is BLUE mark. But I am not sure what is problem in your case. Sorry I didn`t read all your reports. Can you summarize for me? :-)

Did you make your Own Rudders ? is that is what the Hall Sensor is in ? interesting as I don't really like my CH Pro Pedals , the Pedals are too close together and the action is not the greatest even after I modded them....
Thanks again
KB

Yes, my home made rudders:
http://s29.photobucket.com/user/erichos/slideshow/Rudder

And at the end one thing - when you have many long wires and want to decrease electromagnetic interference it is appropriate to twist wires together (like plait). Not all together but from 1 sensor TLE5011 all 6 wires together, from one ShReg together...
Look at my boards:
[Linked Image]

After looking at your "Repaired" PCB Image I decided to look at older versions of the PCB files included with different Firmwares' and found that on early versions of the PCB there is a Resistor on the DATA (MOSI) connection , I am not sure why it was not on later versions of the PCB or if it was a mistake? as I don't know electronics , but the designs in the 2015-11-18 Firmware PCB folder show the Resistor too and there is even a .layout for 8 bit (1 chip) and 16bit (2 chip) DIP 74HC165 Chip Boards.

They are easier to look at as enlarged (500%) PDF's , and they are good for printing and working from that way too , so I have attached them for others as well...

KB.

Attached Files Shift Register 74HC165_Board_DIP16_ Layout.jpgShift Register 74HC165_Board_GOOD_ Layout2.jpg
Last edited by Kbird; 05/01/17 04:19 PM.

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1