Not much luck with my TLE5010 Axis's at the moment , and I think I may have killed one trying to swap the magnet orientation without disassembling the Joystick again ...

So I left it for a day or two and have made a Shift Register PCB/Board with Two 74HC165 SR Chips on it since I had SOIC not DIP '165 IC's . I just used MegaMozg PCB Layout image as a guide and copied the traces and it actually works smile nice to have one win this month smile ..... well as long as I don't connect it to the FLCS ... it appears when I connect power/gnd/sck/data/CS into the FLCS corresponding wires that the chip either burns out ? or something else happens as I lose either 1/2 the inputs ( 1 chip) or it seems to go crazy ( flashing buttons)... but sitting on the desk hooked to a breadboard and extra switches it all works fine ...I have now run my local Electronics Store out of '165 SR's , and they are wondering what I am doing with them all smile , any ideas on what might be the issue before I cause the death of anymore SR's ???

SCK is connected into a Common wire with the TLE5010 Boards' SCK and the Handle's 4021-SR PCB SCK
PWR is common to the Pots and Switches etc
GND is common to the Pots and Switches etc
DATA is to F1 (assumed any PIN is OK or do I need a Digital Side Pin on the Leo? eg D4) ***Note DATA is also called MISO and that connecting the TLE5010 and Handle Miso/Data wires together (common) did not work -- the buttons disappeared
CS is to F0 (assumed any PIN is OK or do I need a Digital Side Pin on the Leo? eg D4)

Thanks,

KB.

Attached Files 2x165_SR PCB Board_ (2).jpg2x165_SR PCB Board_ (12).jpg2x165_SR PCB Board_ (5).jpg2x165_SR PCB Board_ (4).jpg2x165_SR PCB Board_ (3).jpg2x165_SR PCB Board_ (9).jpg2x165_SR PCB Board_ (11).jpg

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1