Originally Posted by Paradaz
...To be honest, I think that by not blowing away Intel/Nvidia and only creating equivalents I don't think much is going to change this gen. AMD have put their cards on the table now for all to see.

I agree smile

My feeling is that AMD has "caught up" (assuming Vega is good) and is on the right track to "keep up". In a year from now, AMD vs Intel CPU and AMD vs Nvidia GPU will be a matchup between "equally good" hardware.

I believe there are probably no new true technical breakthroughs possible anymore. All we will see in the future is competition among equals.

Buying decisions (for the thoughtful) will come down to price -- so, there will be effective price competition and brand recognition competition (right now AMD has price, Intel and Nvidia have recognition).

So, I am NOT predicting AMD overwhelming Intel and Nvidia. Rather, I am predicting "equality", "competitiveness". In the future, the "thoughtful" consumer would look at AMD, Intel, and Nvidia. But, importantly, even if they pick wrong, they will not be getting a bad deal -- that's what I mean by competitiveness and equality (like buying Mercedes Benz or BMW or Lexus -- can't really go wrong).

My opinion. Not guaranteed to be correct smile

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro