Yeah, I think we are pretty much aligned in our thoughts (minus the AMD tints in my case wink , but that's not to say I'm on the other side of the fence at all - I'll always go for price/performance regardless of the brand)

Although, one thing I would say is that AMD have always being 'technologically competitive' if not always a step ahead, it's just that the market share will drive other companies to probably look at Nvidia first and ensure that performance is optimised for them in order to keep the majority of the target audience happy.......and there's always the danger that this will continue to happen until that market share is spread more evenly. The real danger is that Nvidia/Intel have the ability to drop their prices to ensure that AMD don't have the ability to attract new customers and catch up so the current situation will never really change.

I think that only a major game-changer from AMD will turn things around and I don't think Ryzen is really going to do it, and I have doubts the more I hear about Vega/Volta. I do think that the AMD fans tend to get more excited about the huge performance leaps of this new kit and blow it out of proportion when really we're just seeing equivalent products to the competition, something that hasn't happened for a number of years. The problem is that Intel/Nvidia aren't standing still either.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.