Originally Posted by erichos
Originally Posted by Kbird

Originally Posted by erichos
Kbird, what is your problem with wrong kind of rotary switch? You can change it by MMJoy2 software, MBB or BBM - it does not matter, set it in MMJoy2!

Hi Erichos , I think i misunderstood then as back on page 124 you said I had the wrong type of Rot. Switch as they were always on and the 2 others I got have also turned out to be the same, in that they always show the switch position as "ON"
not "momentary on" , they seem to be selector type switches so for example position 8 will always show as ON in MMJoy or the Sim at 8 , which may work for somethings' I guess but I was thinking that most Sims want to see a momentary ON only.

Is there a "mode" for the Button that makes it Momentary? I played with the mode settings ....some work but always show as ON

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...uild-your-own-usb-controller#Post4338413

Hi Kbird,
you can use rotary switches and toggle switches like a momentary switch. Even normal switch ON-OFF you can map in MMJoy2 as 2 buttons.
So try it set like this and check the function by VKB Button Tester:
[Linked Image]

If you want oposite function, set it as "Switch OFF". Let me know if it is OK for you.

P.S. Hi Erichos , I think i misunderstood then as back on page 124 you said I had the wrong type of Rotary switch....
No Kbird, we talked about possibility to connect your 10-position rotary switch to button matrix and I wrote you that it is not possible because your BM was smaller. So solution was to have other type of rotary switch that allows you limit number of positions or use shift registers. And Sokol1 wrote you that more suitable rotary switch is OFF-MON-OFF-MON...... So if you use shift registers you can use any type of rotary switch but you have to set it in MMJoy2 correctly. That`s all :-)

Thanks Erichos I will give it a try again, I did misunderstand smile , I tried the 74HC165's as an exercise as I already had them and it was a good way to learn about them.

I tried Switch ON but did not set the Timer function and it didn't seem to work , so I guess the Timer makes all the difference here.

Thanks again for the great example and the schooling smile

Also .....

I am having trouble with the TLE5010 Boards on the FLCS axis's , one in particular moves in the opposite direction 1st then goes in the right direction , this happens in VKB and in the Sim I tried too last night (EF2000 Reloaded).
I also made a mistake at 1st when I install the converted POT shafts for them ..I used 1/4" metal Washers as spacers and they were affecting the magnetic field etc , I don't know enough about them to know if it is faulty , or if I have damaged them somehow unfortunately, but I will try swapping them out with the other pair I have and see if it helps , other wise I guess i will reinstall standard POTS as it is unflyable at the moment. EF2000 showed me that 3 of the 4 axis's on the FLCS were seen reversed by Windows so I had to use the Invertion check box in MMjoy for those Axis's , I am not sure if that is part of the TLE5010 issue?.

KB

My FLCS+TQS Conversion here on SimHQ

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4324940/1