Originally Posted by Kbird
Originally Posted by Barra
Erichos

I finished putting a button box together with 3 pots 2 encoders and numerous switches via SR's (8 switch common wires are wiring together with a common wire running to SR from the bunched common wires). The pots and encoders including encoder buttons work. But SR switches show as always on.

Software pic in post shows switches lit and button tester shows on as well. To me with little electronic knowledge it's like maybe a short causing them to show on.
It will take me a while to draw a scheme so I will look at that.

Hi Barra , I did not know ( and you didn't say ..more info is better...) that you are using CD4021 SR's not the 74HC165 SR Chips like most . The FLCS uses 3 x 4021's in its Handle for all the Buttons so you can use that wiring scheme for an example (pic posted a few pages back) but I suspect that you making the wires "common" is the issue but here is a "CD4021 Schematic" I had saved a while back too....

KB

forgot to mention there are example PCB layouts in the MMJoy2 Folder under PCB , you can use the free version of Sprint 6.0 Viewer to look at and print them ( the Demo doesn't allow saving or printing)

Yes using 4021 - 4 of them on a PCB by Debolestis