Originally Posted by Allen
Full disclosure: I'm running Fallout 4 heavily modded (loads of grass and trees and plants where there were none in stock FO4). 1440p resolution. All graphics settings on "ultra" or equal, extra wide field of view, and new 4K graphics throughout (textures are 4096x4096 pixel textures even for small things). In the most complex scenes, FPS falls below 15 at times. So, I need Vega smile

Hopefully, that is not your benchmark for Vega.

The Fallout 4 engine is really inefficient and outdated, plus, it scales terribly. The piss poor performance comes from the implementation of the shadow's rendering (an old problem since Skyrim which has much less geometry in objects, but try it on the densely wooded region of Falkreath and you will see similar issues.) and Godrays (which were coded from Gameworks tech, and even the Green Team top cards have problems with that). Set shadows to high and Godrays to medium, and see your FPS soar with almost imperceptible visual difference.

Can't tell you much more than to consider, my now almost legacy 390X 8GB gets exactly the same performance you are getting at those settings.

Last edited by Bib4Tuna; 04/16/17 04:37 PM.