Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Originally Posted by DM
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
IMO, Star Wars stopped being Star Wars in 1983. Everything coming afterwards is just expensive fan fiction. (Lucas was his own biggest fan, so there! smile ). Of all the fan fiction since then, I much prefer the animated series "Rebels" to the rest of the material. Oh, and the novel "Lost Stars". Incidentally, both are geared towards a teenage audience, yet are - IMO - better than the big budget movies that have been produced between 1999 and now.

I didn't really even dig RoTJ if I'm honest. It fell far, far short of the huge promise of TESB. IMO it should have ended the way it was (allegedly) supposed to end: that Luke went to the dark side to protect his sister. But, Lucas wanted no barriers to selling his Luke Skywalker toy range, so there you have it :/

Figures that the best Star Wars film was the one with which Lucas was least involved. biggrin

Lucas unfortunately did not understand and recongnize his true strenths, and thought he could do it all by himself.

You think Rogue One was the best film? That's unusual.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter