A long time ago, I started looking at the UH60 model in EECH, and had a load of thoughts about how to improve it.

One of those thoughts was to create a 3d cockpit based on the real MH60 used by special forces.

So after 6 years, a marriage, and 2 kids, I'm finally able to release my early version of this.

It's flyable from the pilot side. You have a main MFD with all the usual screens. There is also 2 smaller MFDs which show the flight display (which is a work in progress, being taken from the Apache), compass, and system page. The barometric altimeter, radar altimeter (up to 500ft), airspeed, and vertical speed all work (although the scale may need adjusted slightly)

Please try it out - this release is for testing. I've only really flown it in free flight to check that code changes were as expected, and I've not done many hours in it. There are quite a few unfinished things in the cockpit also. The upper console and engine controls are unfinished, and the centre console is as it was for the 1.15.4 release as part of the cockpit improvements work. Also, the cockpit cameras are all in the wrong place, but this is also how it was in 1.15.4, so I'll be correcting those in due course. The pilot control stick is also obviously in the wrong place, but I need to investigate why that is, as it was ok in 1.15.4.

This release is for v1.16.

You can find download instructions for 1.16 on these pages...

http://eechcentral.SimHQ.com/index.php?title=Installation_guide#installation_procedure

To install the cockpit files (you might want to make a back-up first);
  • Unzip the file somewhere
  • Copy cohokum.exe into the \cohokum folder of your EECH install folder
  • Copy the cohokum\3ddata\objects\mh-60l-cockpit folder into the cohokum\3ddata\objects\ folder
  • Copy the cohokum\graphics\textures\cockpit\uh-60l-cockpit folder into the \cohokum\graphics\textures\cockpit\ folder
  • You might want to delete, or take a backup of, the game.cfg file. It will be regenerated.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_9WsInmSbhuQnQtUUNSalZQNjA/view?usp=sharing

And that should be it.

Please let me know of any issues you find. This is a debug build, so it should create a Debug.log file.

One thing I would like to know about is frame rates. On my ageing laptop, I was getting drops down to 10fps or less at times, but it seemed linked to the environment rather than just the cockpit.

I've also changed the font for the headings on the main screens. I play at a resolution of 1600 x 900, and the font was stretched and unreadable. So I've changed it so that it looks ok at that resolution, but if others could check it.

I've also changed the default resolution from 800 x 600, to 1280 x 900 as I think most PCs these days can handle that resolution.

Enjoy!

p.s. I'll be continuing to work on this in the meantime, so this isn't the final release by any means.

Last edited by messyhead; 06/12/17 10:32 PM. Reason: Link back up, should be working OK now. Uses direct sound.