Originally Posted by Jedi Master
Probably it's more FC3 level, aka "F-16 for DCS World", but perhaps with a clickable cockpit to demonstrate that aspect.

I do find it odd they've not released it as an FC3 companion, though.

I seem to recall Wags claiming FC3 outsold all of their other modules. Yet instead of making an FC4 with another batch of jets they have stuck to the time-consuming (ok, lifetime-consuming) DCS level releases of planes like the F-5 and L-39 (REAL popular choices there) while leaving obvious entries like US teen fighters and Western Euro jets out.

Yes, they're working on the Hornet, but until it's actually out it's no more than the Apache ever was--a promise.

The list of popular multirole jets they could model to FC3 levels and sell a ton of is huge, yet totally ignored.

F-14
F-15E (the C isn't multirole)
F-16
F/A-18 (I will take it off this list only when it actually comes out)
Tornado
Typhoon/EF2K/whatever
Gripen
Rafale
Mirage 2kD (RAZ's doesn't count, not multirole)
Su-30 \
Su-32 \
Su-35 \
MiG-35 -- all mutirole variants of planes they already have

But no, let's make an F-5! I'm sure a ton of people out there have been waiting over a decade for a good L-39 sim. rolleyes Make sure to do the full-up DCS systems treatment in depth!

If there's one thing about ED that irritates me just as much as their inability to manage feature creep and impacting their schedules, it's their Magic-8-Ball-and-pot-brownies method of choosing which planes to do.

The Jedi Master

Add the F-4 Phantom to the list as well.

I would probably shriek like a 14 year old girl who just spotted Justin Bieber.