Originally Posted by CyBerkut
Originally Posted by NewLexican
Originally Posted by CyBerkut
Does SC still have the "Interactive Mode" ship control scheme available?

It's still a first-person experience where each character will operate a particular crew station if that's what you mean.

No, I'm referring to one of the optional controller schemes for ship flight control. Interactive Mode basically had you controlling the ship's flight by pointing your cursor at the enemy target, and your ship followed your cursor by reorienting itself. It was reviled by a number of early supporters as being contrary to the spirit of what we were led to expect for dog fighting in space, etc., and provided an unfair advantage to mouse users (in the eyes of many) as opposed to a proper VJoy implementation for mouse use. Basically, it was viewed by a number of people as not maintaining the controller parity that was promised early on.

I stopped making regular visits to the SC forums some time ago. A recent quick visit leads me to suspect that IM is still in the game.

Right. It's still in the game and it's not going away. Though CIG is employing mechanics in an attempt to achieve some semblance of parity between control schemes. For example, Interactive Mode mouse control combined with gimballed turrets allows for easier aming. But removing the gimbal generally allows you to mount one size larger gun giving Relative Mode joystick users more firepower. Relative Mode also has access to ESP, a limited form of aim assist.

Interested in Star Citizen or Squadron 42? Create your free account and learn about the games and the pledge store.