Originally Posted by SolderMonkey
Barra - Can you diagram your connections and post a few photos of your creation here? I've never hooked up a matrix, a shift register and encoders into the same controller. Incredibly curious what you've got going on, how you hooked it up and how it's working for you. I just threw together an order of parts for a true button box. Maybe it needs encoders ...

Solder Monkey I have tried to do a diagram that covers what I did. It was done in Excel because that is what I know to a reasonable degree. Do not have any other circuit software. Also could not find a free one.

I attached 2 PDF's. 1 is of the Test Bed wire diagram which is done as best I could do - I do hope I got it right!! The 2nd just shows different parts of test bed. With exception of Shift Register board all are temporary setups.

The Perf Board has Diodes on reverse with header pins on front. I did not want to solder wires from switches together in case things did not work - just as well. The Diode arrangement and Columns with them may look strange. They are like that because they started as rows which I redid (by cutting some of connecting wires) after your reply, because I could not get rows working as covered earlier. I also added the extra connection to columns to cater for the push buttons of Encoder. I also used to practice some soldering. biggrin

Again I just like to thank Mega_Mozg_13 for program along with Sokol1 and Debolestis and many others here and on ED forums. Without all I would not have got anywhere. cheers

Hope this helps in some way.

Attached Files Wiring.PNGTest Bed.PNG
Last edited by Barra; 03/28/17 12:17 PM.