The page count in this ";Future and Current Status of AMD" thread has more than doubled in the last year -- because AMD's status has actually changed that much.

RX480 hit the shelves roughly a year ago -- first truly new AMD GPU design in roughly 4 years.

During the last year Zen was being heavily rumored -- because it was the first truly new AMD CPU design in about 4 years.

AMD stock prices increased many fold leading to more rumors and speculations. And some wealth for investors.

Even more rumors regarding Vega GPU -- another new AMD GPU design -- to be released in May.

I can remember a period only a couple years back that I only posted at SimHQ a couple times in 6 months. Now, its a couple times a day (or more smile ).

Maybe AMD things will "quiet down" in July or August. Uh-oh Navi is coming next in 2019 (?). Navi is supposed to be the "big one", GPU-wise. Oh, and AMD is already working on the CPU 7nm process node (said to skip 10nm where Intel is temporarily stuck, it is said). Some rumors say Navi will be 7nm. Maybe it won't be so quiet in a thread that speculates about "Future Status of AMD" smile

Meantime, blogs will be blogs regarding their writing style. They are the sources of information in 2017. Mostly, the more highly regarded rumor-sources have turned out to be objectively correct in most (not all) of the main-points over the last year-plus. Even surprised me how far AMD progressed towards "parity" with its competitors.

Sapphire Pulse RX7900XTX, 3 monitors = 23P (1080p) + SAMSUNG 32" Odyssey Neo G7 1000R curve (4K/2160p) + 23P (1080p), AMD R9-7950X (ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420), 64GB RAM@6.0GHz, Gigabyte X670E AORUS MASTER MB, (4x M.2 SSD + 2xSSD + 2xHD) = ~52TB storage, EVGA 1600W PSU, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower, ASUS RT-AX89X 6000Mbps WiFi router, VKB Gladiator WW2 Stick, Pedals, G.Skill RGB KB, AORUS Thunder M7 Mouse, W11 Pro