Yeah agreed, as usual with any AMD marketing and "leaks", you have to wade through tons of BS and hype to read between the lines for the actual info....

What I get from this is that AMD has finally gotten back into focusing on top end stuff instead of conceding top end to Intel and just focusing on the cheap middle and console market, which was boring to people like me, and which Intel wasn't interested in so they sat back and didn't do much other than tweak things to get a new model out each year.

While I don't think the current Ryzen meets my gaming needs, hopefully AMD will get it to the point where it's something compelling for me, and hopefully this will also get Intel to actually move on to something better...

While I love that my i5-2500k has been relevant as a gaming CPU the last 5 years, the stale/complacent state of progress affects the progress and cost of VR and even how playable games and sims are... After all these years FSX and Prepar3D still don't run at more than 30FPS with all the graphics turned up and payware eye candy.

We should be able to run FSX like butter at this point if CPU/GPU tech had remained competitive from the days when Athlon and the 5870 was spanking Intel, before AMD merged with ATI and started the long slow decline into mediocrity IMHO.

So here's hoping the current Ryzen is just a sign of even better top end things to come from AMD.

i7-7700k@4.5ghz, GTX1080Ti,BenQ XL2420G-g-sync,Oculus Rift