Originally Posted by Jedi Master
Do you use Windows Professional because it acts better than Windows Home? Is Windows Home amateurish, petty, and sitting around in sweat pants all day? Do you believe Windows Enterprise makes money if you use it?
You are using the wrong definition of professional. I am using the one that MS uses to label Windows. Behavior is irrelevant. If they are not being paid as a company, they are amateurs.
If you have 10,000 hours flying but retired and now just do it for fun, you are an amateur. If you just completed flight school and are earning $30k flying puddle jumpers 100 miles out and back and don't even have 500 hours yet, you're still a professional. ED is a corporation with officers and payroll. BMS is not. Ergo ED is professional, and BMS is not, nor are any others any longer since SF2 and company are gone. CAP2 is an unknown as it's unreleased (early access can still collapse and people who bought will have an unfinished product).

Simple answer--in over 20 years i've put in less than 100 hours into LOMAC/Flanker/DCS. Why? Because I can't get into it for long before its shortcoming irk me and I stop flying it, usually it for several months at a time. So despite its age, it actually feels fresh. I have played in all these years ONE campaign mission in Flanker, LOMAC, and DCS combined! I got frustrated and didn't try another one. I just fly single missions in MP and generally quick missions offline. Then I don't fly again for a week or so. This has kept it alive in my mind.

I put more time than that into F4 before F4:AF was even released. With the RPs and SPs, and then F4:AF, and then RV, I'm just done. I probably put in close to 1000 hours in the first 10 years. It holds no appeal any longer.

If you told someone you loved movies, and they asked you which ones you like and you say "Top Gun", and when they ask what else you respond "I just like Top Gun and watch it every day, I don't watch other movies because I think Top Gun is the best one", do you not think people will find that strange?
I've seen Top Gun. I know it inside and out, backwards and forwards. I don't need to watch it again. I WILL complain that Red Tails and Flyboys and Pearl Harbor had lackluster air combat and lament it needs to be done better next time, but if someone says "Why don't you watch Top Gun instead??" I will NOT take that seriously.

I'm not saying BMS isn't good for the people who like it. I'm saying it doesn't exist as far as I'm concerned. Trying to convince me that I haven't seen Top Gun, not really, not until I sit on this couch and watch it on this new TV that's curved and thin with upscaling to 4K and 7.1 surround sound, and I really should watch it again won't work. I have still seen it a million times.

The Jedi Master

You must agree that is "to each his own". I played since Lomac all ED products and I have maybe thousands of hours on them. BMS? ZERO! I tried it once long time ago.Started and stop it immediately. I've seen a lot of movies of gameplay. I'd rather play crosswords (which I never do).