Yes, the process of "delidding" for OC'ing the CPU.

TBH, I see no point. I have not needed to do anything special to OC my CPUs in 20 years of OC'ing CPUs. My first was when I ran my Pentium 90 as a 100 and it worked with nary a hiccup. smile Some 75 owners ran theirs as 90s, but I went to a P2 for my next upgrade. Was it a 225? I can't remember now.

I do remember it cost me $1000, in Jan 1995, for a P5-90 CPU and motherboard. I was able to reuse the RAM and other stuff from my 486 to save money. smile

I OC'd every CPU using nothing but the stock cooler for about 20 years. I think my C2D was the first CPU I didn't OC at install, it replaced my Athlon 64. I waited like a year, then OC'd as a "faux upgrade". When I went to my i7-2600k with the new auto turbo feature I gave up OCing all together. It's always been about the video card bottleneck for me now. I OC'd that 2600k to 4GHz and saw no real improvement in speed but a slight loss in stability. Back to stock!

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter